FIGMENT offers an alternative to the traditional art scene, using interaction and collaboration as tools for wild creativity, and being completely free and open to the public.
Remember to bring anything that you might need for the day.
There are minimal stores near Mosswood Park. The park will have porta-potties and restrooms.
- Drinking water: Bring your own as there is very limited water in the park.
- Picnic food and snacks to eat and share
- Toys: Sidewalk chalk, kites, hula hoops, croquet sets… anything that you want to play with or invite others to join you in!
- Dogs: Mosswood Park allows dogs as long as they are on leash at all times. If you have a well behaved dog and promise to keep it close to you at all times, bring it!
- Costumes: FIGMENT is the perfect time to play make-believe (for both kids & adults!) Loved your Halloween costume? Wear it again!
The following items are PROHIBITED in the Park – please do not bring them:
- Glass containers
- Anything that is not legal to have in public in Oakland
BRINGING YOUR ART
We invite you to bring your art, performance, or artistic endeavors… and hope that you will take advantage of FIGMENT as a creative outlet for your work. Please note that you cannot bring anything that needs to be staked into the ground, be connected to a power source, plotted on the map, or scheduled for a stage or performance area unless your project is pre-registered with FIGMENT.