Interactive Rainbows by Toni Tone, Photo by Jason Hayes
Are you passionate about art in Oakland? Do you love connecting with artists and your community? FIGMENT Oakland is looking for a co-director for our 2017 Curation team!
Key Role Responsibilities
- Help recruit for and build out the 2017 Curation team
- Organize a team of rock star curators working with FIGMENT artists from initial outreach through execution of our June 10 event
- Review artist submissions to help boost interactivity and vet for any projects that may need special considerations (power requirements, safety waivers, placement needs)
- Oversee the art placement and stage scheduling process to make sure each artist can shine at FIGMENT
- Be available for the entire FIGMENT Oakland 2017 event on June 10, including load-in and strike, as well as most of the Artist Meet and Greets leading up to the event
- Communicate and collaborate with Communications, Production, Outreach, Volunteer and Fundraising teams
- Be a positive, energetic leader who walks the walk and will be a champion for their team and for the FIGMENT Oakland event
- Experience with managing/producing large art/theater/music productions ideal
- Time to devote 10+ hours/week beginning in April through mid-June
- Available for 3 or more of our 7 scheduled Meet and Greets, the entirety of the 2017 event, and our May fundraiser
- Excellent listening and timely communication skills, particularly email
- Comfortable and passionate about talking to artist about their work
- Sharp time management and organizational skills
- Being a team player who leads by example and enjoys sharing leadership with your co-Director
- You "get" or have read and understand what FIGMENT is all about (Hint: we believe interactive art is for EVERYONE!)
- You think our 11 Principles are awesome and naturally already live by them
- You believe that a healthy community means having a strong sense of immediacy and access to art
- Knowledge of or experience working at a FIGMENT event (Oakland or any other FIGMENT city), a big plus but not required!
Robot Dance Party by Chris Hirst, Photo by Jason Hayes
What's In It For Me?
- Getting to work with a team of extremely motivated people who are passionate about interactive art
- Experience curating one of the coolest, most engaging community arts events on Earth!
- Making a real difference in your community by helping others access participatory art without payment (FIGMENT is always FREE!)
If this sounds like you, please submit your resume and few words about why you want to join our team to our Event Producer, Rick Abruzzo: [email protected].
We look forward to hearing from you!